Greetings All -

I am currently moving my Flex Application (which uses ColdFusion as the
backend) to my customer's production server - and I am coming to grips
with a frightening discovery: Microsoft has decided to drop JET support,
for servers running in 64-Bit mode.

For some reason, this also translates to ADOBE not providing a native
Access ODBC Driver in ColdFusion 8 (64-Bit Edition).

I understand that there comes a time in the software business, where we
must abandon older technologies in favor of new.  However, there is
usually some advanced notice given, in addition to "backwards
compatibility options" for people that simply can't conform to the new
ways.

As a company, WE have upgraded all of OUR servers & software, to the
latest technologies.  But that doesn't change the fact that we have
CUSTOMERS that provide data to us, using virtually the only portable
Database format available (an Access .MDB file).

I know this is the FlexCoders list and this is largely a ColdFusion
question, but I can only assume that a large number of you have been
faced with this problem & it makes sense to ask for help here.

With that said, has anybody come across any solutions, that would allow
for creating an Access data source using ColdFusion 8 running on Windows
2003 Server (in a 64-Bit environment across the board)?

If a solution isn't found on this, heads will fly around here - as huge
investments have been made in order to launch this Flex Application.

Thank you in advance for any information that could help shed some light
on this problem.

Mike