Is there a way to stop all mouse event listeners from the stage?  Or
will I need to do it the hard way and track down all mouse event
listeners.

My issue is that I have a Hslider that controls a component. When a
user stops scrolling for a certain amount of time, pausing, I update
the component.  Updating also sends out some new information to the
html page via the ajax bridge. This causes the html page to popup up
js run loading popup. Well, when the loading js popup comes up flash
somehow loses focus of the mouse and still thinks the mouse button is
pressed so when flash gets focus again the slider follows the mouse
around even if the mouse isn't on the slider anymore.

I really don't want to have to rework this old project. Wasn't an
issue with flash player 9.  I guess Adobe made flash player to fast,
thus my js file is getting notification immediately.