If you look at the cross-domain file deployed on the yahoo site, it's not
open unless you are hosting from one of their domains:
http://download.finance.yahoo.com/crossdomain.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy
  SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd";>
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*.yahoo.com" secure="false" />
  <allow-access-from domain="*.yimg.com" secure="false" />
</cross-domain-policy>

http://finance.yahoo.com/crossdomain.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*.yahoo.com" />
  <allow-access-from domain="us.js2.yimg.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>

So unless your flex app is being hosted from any yahoo.com domain or
yimg.com domain, you will be denied access to the data.

HTH,
Nate