I have a deep-down feeling I might be asking a stupid question here -
 but I was once told there are NO stupid questions - yeah, right!

So here's the situation...

An application I'm building contains three quite
distinct 'sections': 'Invoices', 'Credits' and 'Customers'.

Some users will exclusively use, for example, the 'Credits'
subsystem while some may use all or just two.

I determine what a user will access because each user has a set of
roles associated with their login (which is managed externally,
outside of Flex).

Is it possible to have the SWF built by Flex to only deliver to an
individual, components of the subsystems they have access to ?

I can get the roles via a remoting call - but how do I have this
execute server-side and subsequently control what Flex does as a
result ?

If this is *not* possible, could someone explain to me the
advantages of Flex as a server-side system ?

Thanks,

Jamie.

P.S. So was it stupid ? Actually no... keep that answer to
yourselves ;-)