The documentation for Channel.applySettings() says:
Subclasses should override this method to apply any settings that may
be necessary for an individual channel. Make sure to call
super.applySettings() to apply common settings for the channel.

Parameters
        settings:XML — XML fragment of the services-config.xml file for this
channel. The following fragement includes the <channel> tag with all
of its configuration settings:

<channel id="my-amf" type="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
        <endpoint uri="/dev/messagebroker/amf"
type="flex.messaging.endpoints.AmfEndpoint"/>
        <properties>
          <polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
        </properties>
      </channel>

Ignoring the spelling error ("fragement"), the documentation appears
to be quite incorrect, if I read the source code correctly.
I'm looking at
flex_sdk_3.0.0.477\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\messaging\Channel.as, and
I see code that references the following properties:
connect-timeout-seconds
record-message-times
record-message-sizes
serialization
enable-small-messages

The polling-enabled property is not mentioned in the Channel code.

PollingChannel extends Channel, and it references the following config
file properties:
polling-enabled
polling-interval-millis
polling-interval-seconds
piggybacking-enabled
login-after-disconnect

None of the above properties are mentioned in the PollingChannel docs.
 The polling-enabled property mentioned in the Channel docs is
actually handled by the PollingChannel subclass.

NetConnection extends PollingChannel, and does not reference any new
properties.

AMFChannel extends NetConnection.  The AMFChannel docs say that the
config file's property called polling-interval-seconds is read into
the AMFChannel.pollingInterval property.
Also, the docs say that the polling-enabled property in the config
file sets the AMFChannel.pollingEnabled property.  As I discovered,
PollingChannel handles these properties, not AMFChannel.

Should I log a bug?