----- Original Message -----
From: "brucewhealton" <br...@futurewavedesigns.com>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:33 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Help with Panel Container layout

>I think you might be right.  But, it seems like there is a way to
> click on the handles and then set them to either anchor, unanchored or
> center.  I don't see how to do that in design view.  I searched
> through the properties and could not find this setting either.

It all depends on the container in which the panel sits. It needs to be a
canvas or have absolute positioning inside the application rather than be
inside a container that has a spcific layout policy. When that is a case, FB
will show a layout property panel where you can click to set the positioning
properties of your panel.

You can't give a panel a constraint if it's within an HBox, for example.

Paul