Frankly, using the ServiceLocator in the first place is far from a
best practice. In the past, I've done this to initialize my remote
objects:

var ro:RemoteObject =
RemoteObject(ServiceLocator.getInstance().getRemoteObject("ro"));
ro.endpoint = myEndpoint;
ro.source = mySource;

You can do something similar for your HTTPServices when you know what
properties you want to set on them.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "adamratcliffe2002" <a...@...> wrote:

> I have an AIR application which uses the Merapi bridge to
communicate with a local Java