From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of joao_m_fernandes
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:27 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex and Databases

Hi Ahmed,

Flex can't directly connect to databases (Oracle,MSSQL,Access,Excel
sheets,etc,etc).

In Flex you have 3 ways to access data: Webservices, HTTP services and
RemoteObjects.

This 3 ways are the only available to retrieve/insert/update/delete data.

If you want to connect to Access database, one way is to use HTTP
services and point them to some scripting technology (PHP,ASP???)

When the first data connection kit was available to flash (before data
components were available) there was a sample application with ASP
pages that allowed those operations.

To be honest, why connect Flex to a mdb database?
I mean, a 15K license to create an application with a mdb database ...
it's simply odd...

João Fernandes