On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Dan Vega <danv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an infinite number of  objects & child objects that looks something
> like this below. I know this if it was just one level I could probably
> accomplish what i need but I am not sure how to do this. All of the "path"
> items are always going to be unique. Is there a way to search (drilling down
> as far as needed) and say give me the object where path = "xyz";

[snip]

You could index them by path, basically. Go through the object graph
and add each object to a map (Object) with the path property as the
key.

  map[obj.path] = obj;

Later you can access any object by its path:

  someObj = map[somePath];

This is typically how you'd do it in AS3/Flex.

Manish

--
Manish Jethani
http://manishjethani.com