Stab in the dark here. A a while back I had multiple modules making remote call to ColdFusion and ran into a problem, what the exactly was I cannot recall but I know the solution was to ensure my module (on startup) called:

registerClassAlias("flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage", RemotingMessage);

hth,

Simon