You could append a unique value to a querystring on the server URL for
each update, something to fool the browser into clearing the cache.
The date/time worked for me when dealing with images that were being
cached.

Of course, updating the data every second seems inefficient and will
put a lot of load on your server, but if that's part of your
requirements, who am I to question it.

-Alex