From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jeremy Rottman
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 1:46 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: flex with coldfusion cfc's

Humm I could have sworn I attached this last time. But here is my cfc.

  <!--
#################################
# HS System                                             #
#Written by: Jeremy Rottman             #
#Updated: 07/28/2005                    #
#################################  -->

<!--
 - Coldfusion MX 6.1, any platform w/ the MetaWrapper.class installed to
the class path
 - Bluedragon? not sure
 - Coldfusion MX 7.0 any platform
 -->
  <!-- Abstract Data Acess  -->

<cfcomponent displayname="tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsDAO for MySQL"
hint="I abstract data access for tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs."
extends="tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsDAO" >

        <cffunction name="create" access="public" returntype="void"
output="false" hint="CRUD Method.">
                <!-- Object from which a record is created -->
                <cfargument name="tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean"
type="tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs" required="true" />

                <cfset var tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsInsert = 0 />
                <cfset var tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsmaxcols = 0 />

                <cftransaction>
<!-- Insert query -->
                <cfquery name="tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsInsert"
datasource="#variables.dsn#">
                        INSERT INTO tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs
                                (
                                fld_admin_log_new, fld_admin_log_review,
fld_admin_log_adds, fld_admin_log_tp_closing, fld_admin_log_qb_closing
                                )
                        VALUES (
                                <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_VARCHAR"
value="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getfld_admin_log_new()#
"
maxlength="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getBeanConfigValue(
'fld_admin_log_new).maxlength#"
null="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs.isNullfld_admin_log_new()#"
/>
                                , <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="cf_sql_VARCHAR"
value="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getfld_admin_log_review
()#"
maxlength="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getBeanConfigValue(
'fld_admin_log_review).maxlength#"
null="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs.isNullfld_admin_log_review()
#"
/>
                                , <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="cf_sql_VARCHAR"
value="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getfld_admin_log_adds()
#"
maxlength="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getBeanConfigValue(
'fld_admin_log_adds).maxlength#"
null="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs.isNullfld_admin_log_adds()#"
/>
                                , <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="cf_sql_VARCHAR"
value="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getfld_admin_log_tp_clo
sing()#"
maxlength="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getBeanConfigValue(
'fld_admin_log_tp_closing).maxlength#"
null="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs.isNullfld_admin_log_tp_closi
ng()#"
/>
                                , <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="cf_sql_VARCHAR"
value="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getfld_admin_log_qb_clo
sing()#"
maxlength="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.getBeanConfigValue(
'fld_admin_log_qb_closing).maxlength#"
null="#arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs.isNullfld_admin_log_qb_closi
ng()#"
/>

                                )
                </cfquery>
                <!-- Selection Query -->
                <cfquery name="tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsmaxcols"
datasource="#variables.dsn#">
                        select
                                max(fld_admin_log_id) as
maxfld_admin_log_id
                        from
                                tbl_agentPortal_admin_logs
                </cfquery>

                <cfset
arguments.tbl_agentPortal_admin_logsBean.setfld_admin_log_id(tbl_agentPo
rtal_admin_logsmaxcols.maxfld_admin_log_id,
false, false)/>

                </cftransaction>

        </cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tariq Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy, I didn't see a CFC attached. But in general you define an
> <mx:RemoteObject>, and in a really basic sense:
>
> ##jeremy.mxml
> <mx:Application init="myRO.getSomething().send()">
>     <mx:RemoteObject id="myRO"
> endpoint="@ContextRoot()/flashservices/gateway" source="jeremy">
>      <mx:method name="getSomething"
result="newAdds.text=event.result"/>
>     </mx:RemoteObject>
>
>   <mx:FormItem label="New Additions">
>       <mx:TextInput id="newAdds" />
>     </mx:FormItem>
>   </mx:Form>
>
> </mx:Application>
>
> ### jeremy.cfc
> <cfcomponent>
>   <cffunction name="getSomething" returnType="string" access="remote">
>      <cfreturn "yo!">
>   </cffunction>
> </cfcomponent>
>
> Check out these articles:

http://www.richinternet.de/blog/index.cfm?entry=831FE26E-0D70-9C2D-2549E
1D1978CF1B0
> http://www.bpurcell.org/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=1013
> http://www.bpurcell.org/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=1019
> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19356
> http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/read/47443.htm
>

> Jeremy Rottman wrote:
>
> >I am still working with flex and my database structure. The question
> >I have at hand is this. I have a coldfusion cfc that I have written,
> >and would like to use it as my remote object. Right now I am still in

> >the process of learning to bind the data from my cfc to my flex app.
> >So here my my question. with the cfc I have pasted below. How would I

> >bind the data from the called RO to form fields.
> >
> >So if I wanted fld_admin_log_new (from the cfc below) to be bound
to the
> >form field new adds. What would be the code to call the cfc and hte
> >code to bind the cfc to that form field.
> >  <mx:Form>
> >
> >    <mx:FormItem label="New Additions">
> >     <mx:TextInput id="newAdds" />
> >    </mx:FormItem>
> >  </mx:Form>

 low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help
bridge the Digital Divide!</a>.</font>