--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "gr33neye501" <dev...@...> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I'm trying to generate a series of random colours, but would like to
> exclude certain colour and closely related shade.
>
> For example, i'd like create any colours except red or similar shades.
> Anyone know of how I could do this. It's a really subjective thing I
> know.
>
> Help really appreciated
> ;-)

Hi,

I had to do something similar recently. I used HSB color values to generate
distinct colors,
and then converted them to RGB.

I saw you message this morning, and whipped up an example of my ColorManager
class
using Degrafa:
http://blog.sunild.com/2009/01/generating-many-different-colors-with.html

To exclude colors, you can modify the code that generates colors to omit the
hues you
don't want.

HTH,
Sunil

PS: sorry if this is a repost (Yahoo's beta Rich-Text Editor broke on me)