Hi, all

I'm a newbie in Flex. Could you help me to understand what's going wrong here?

My Flex sample app uses RemoteObject to call a method of Java class.
This method returns an instance of some ClassA that extends some
ClassB.

public class MyRemoteJavaClass {

    public ClassB myRemoteMethod() {
        ClassA result = someMethodThatReturnsClassA();
        return result;

When I try to use ActionScript class that maps directly to ClassB:

// ClassB.as
[RemoteClass(alias="com.example.ClassB")]
public class ClassB {

I get the TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
mx.utils::objectpr...@1184fc59 to com.example.ClassB.

With [RemoteClass(alias="com.example.ClassA")] it works fine.

Is it possible to use super class in my example? Thanks in advance.