I don't think there's an <mx:string tag. But even if I do this:

                        <mx:Text id="summary" text="Start Time:
{model.start}\nRepeat:
{model.repeat}"  /> etc. I don't think it will work. If  there is no value for
model.repeat then
I want to leave it out of the summary description. This means I need a function
which
says, if (model.repeat) !=''
     {
      summary += "Repeat: " + model.repeat;
     }

If I create such a function, how would it automatically update? Even if the
bindings work,
such that the values in the function are automatically updating
(model.whatever), how
would I assure that the function itself is called each time there's a change,
so that the
correct summary is returned to the Text control?