From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of nwebb
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:14 AM
To: flexcoders
Subject: [flexcoders] itemRenderer data question (recycling)

Hi,

I have 2 List components on a page.
The one on the left displays the names of some  "bundles" - e.g. "Bundle
1"
The one on the right displays the items in the selected bundle, plus a
percentage value - e.g. "item1 - 10%"     "item2 - 55%"      "item3 -
61%"

The items are the same for all bundles, but their percentages may change
as the user selects different bundles. If that happens I want to
highlight that itemRenderer. (eg when the percentage changes, highlight
renderer)

I looked at a similar example from Alex Harui - he compares a DataGrid's
listData.UID to the previous UID (stored as a property on the renderer).
If they match, he knows he has the same item and changes that value.

I have implemented IDropInListItemRenderer (so I have access to the UID)
but the renderer-recycling of the List means that even when the UID's
match, the "oldPercent" value I stored doesn't actually match up to item
being displayed - in other words, the renderer which previously
displayed "item1 - 10%" may now be displaying "item3 - 61%" , so the
percentage HAS changed, but that's because it's displaying a different
item!

Is my only option to send both the new% and old% in via the
dataprovider, or is there another way to get around this issue?

Cheers