From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mercer, Dustin
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 7:54 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] setFocus is evil

Stacy,

I have had this problem as well L  I am sad to say, I hate the focus manager.  Ok that was a little harsh… but none the less, it has its’ issues.  There is a way to set the position of the caret though (Set the start index of the caret as well as the end, so you can choose the text you wish to be highlighted).  I am going to try to find that code.  In the mean time, you may want to try setFocus in the show event or childrenCreated event.  That may fix your issue.  If not, then the code for setting the caret position may help.  I will find that code and post it.  Give me a few…

Dustin Mercer