Perhaps you have an arrayCollection of arrayCollections (What does the
debugger show as the result type?). You may like to try...

var resultArrColl:ArrayCollection = e.result.source;
var firstResult:ArrayCollection = resultArrColl[0];
Alert.show(firstResult[0]);

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Wally Kolcz" <wko...@...> wrote:

> I moved my CFC and database to my localhost so I can debug the
webservice output and see it. I am a wee bit confused. The results
panel is saying something like this:

> e --> result --> source --> [0] --> firstName (etc)
>
> How do I set that local?
>
> I tried myData = e.result.source as ArrayCollection and then tried
to trace myData.getItemAt(0).firstName but got an error.

my projects since we Blue Dragon here at the U. I have my CFCs and
they seem to work fine. However, I have no idea on how to set the
'return value' for a web service to an arraycollection to use it. I am
used to RemoteObjects that I can just set and then use
myData.getItemAt(0).name...

> I have a query to my database that returns one row of records
through a web service. It is returned to my Flex app and I am trying
to get it to an ArrayCollection variable for use in the application. I
was watching a Lynda video that uses something like:

> myData = e.result.Tables.Table0.Rows as ArrayCollection. Now is that
how you can set that row's columns at the value of the
ArrayCollections? Or is this only going to work for the video scenerio?