Hi,

We handle something very similar to this, and although we don't deny a drop based on the index, we use the index to persist the drop location in the database...the same logic applies. We are using this on an ADG and hence my example below:

You could grab the internal targetGrids dropData get the dropData.index...check it and if its not the value you want, perform an event.preventDefault and stopPropagation...

private function adg_DragEvent(event:DragEvent):void
{
var targetGrid:AdvancedDataGrid = event.currentTarget as AdvancedDataGrid;

   use namespace mx_internal;
   var dropData:Object = targetGrid.mx_internal::_dropData;

   adgIndex = dropData.index;

   if (adgIndex > 4)
   {
       targetGrid.hideDropFeedback(event);
       targetGrid.selectedItems = new Array();
       event.preventDefault();
       event.stopPropagation();
HTH!
Adrian

park96 wrote:

Anyone have an example of how to deny a drop based on the drop index?
The problem I'm facing is that even though my dragEnter event handler
doesn't call the DragManager.acceptDragDrop(UIComponent), it still
allows me to drop it.