From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nate Beck
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:18 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex of JavaFX?

Flex Data Services aren't really around anymore.

I would recommend Flex + BlazeDS, it's java based.
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM, TCash21 <tanya_cashor...@dfci.harvard.edu>
wrote:
Hi all,
I'm currently trying to push Adobe Flex at my company for complex
network visualizations. The application will also need to run
computationally intensive simulations (accessing backend java code) as
well as some other distributed tasks. I know Java can store
everything in memory and access it but is Flex just as able? Would it
require Flex Data Services and what are the advantages? I'm easily
sold on the UI-experience and aesthetic appeal of the front-end, I'm
just unsure how it would handle massive computational efforts on the
backend and display it all to the client quickly.

We're trying to figure out the best way to go, will it be JavaFX? Flex
Data Services? Flex and Java integrated? Elixir?

Thank you all for any input,
-Tanya

--

Cheers,