The solution was that my inner Canvas width and height was 0.  Not
really sure how I got this bug in the first place...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Graham" <ryan.gra...@...> wrote:

> Sounds like you need to look into the flex component lifecycle.
Usually children are created and addChild() is called for them during
the createChildren() method.  Then you move on to commitProperties(),
measure(), etc.

http://flexcomps.wordpress.com/2008/05/09/flex-component-life-cycle/

> Beyond that, you can dig through the flex developer's guide at Adobe
to get the finer details.

> HTH,
> Ryan

addChildAt, how to properly handle nested

> I was working with the Window class, extending it in actionscript so I
> could tween inner containers outside etc. and i am tryig to add
>
> I've overrode addChildAt and addChild so I could add my uiComponents
> to child container.  All works well, with adding objects by
> actionscript, but when I try to do MXML components, nested inside
> another mxml component I get an error.  I noticed that UIComponent
> does some internal stuff, like addingChild, and such.
>
> Right now I am storing an array of children and then adding them back
> on creationComplete.
>
> Does the nestLevel property give me any information on how to do this
> correctly?  Any suggestions, please...
>
> thanks,
> Patrick
>

> This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.