Sorry if that was a little confusing...Here is the scenario.

I have a module (myProjects) that has a viewstack (projectsVS) that allows me
to switch between a 2 different sections (indexes). I want to, when the use
logs out, make sure that the module's viewstack is set to selectedIndex=0, so
when the user logs back in, its back on the first view in the stack...does that
make sense.

So, in my main application I imported the module (import
edu.umich.mods.myProjects;) and in the  logout function I tried to use:
myProjects.projectsVS.selectedIndex=0;

Funny thing is that Flex Builder's code hinting showed each piece as I typed
it, but when I went to run it I get this error:

1119: Access of possibly undefined property projectsVS through a reference with
static type Class.

Any ideas? Better way to do this? Thanks.