Hi Wally,

We have something that's practically identical to what you have described. For ours, instead of waiting until all the people have been dragged, we setup a number of listeners on our blank ADG (DRAG_START, DRAG_ENTER, DRAG_DROP) and as soon as the person is dropped, we reference our sourceGrid.selectedItems property which has the pertinent information about the 'fella' that was dropped....once we have that, we hit our web service, passing the information, including the group change info to our db.

Alternatively, you can take a look at your teamDG.dataProvider and see the data that's been dropped in it...

HTH,
Adrian

Wally Kolcz wrote:

Lets say I have 2 DataGrids, one has user info in it (populated with a binded ArrayCollection) and the other is blank (lets call it id="teamDG"). You can drag the people from the populated to the blank to populate it. Got that part to work fine.

When you have dragged all the people you wanted to the blank one and then wanted to save that new group of people, how can you go about saving them? Is there a specific array or object associated with that DataGrid (teamDG) which then you can pass to a function to populate a database? Any examples or tutorials out there? Thanks.