From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of mmormando
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:43 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Complicated form layout

I find it odd that if I layout a flex form as

<mx:HBox>
  <mx:Form>
    <mxFormItem label="A Label">
       <mx:TextInput/>
    </mx:FormItem>
  </mx:Form>
  <mx:Form>
    <mxFormItem label="B Label">
       <mx:TextInput/>
    </mx:FormItem>
  </mx:Form>
</mx:HBox

I get the same behavior programmatically as the following, but a very
different visual experience if I do it as

<mx:Form>
  <mx:HBox>
    <mx:FormItem label="A Label">
      <mx:TextInput/>
    </mx:FormItem>
    <mx:FormItem label="B Label">
      <mx:TextInput/>
    </mx:FormItem>
  </mx:HBox>
</mx:Form>

Now to my wee poor brain, the 2 should be the same, and while they
are....roughly....the label alignment and all that is very different.
Can anyone explain to me why? And by that I don't mean, "If you put any
container between the form declaration and the form items it'll whack
out your stuff.", that much I've figured out by this point, I mean, why
the heck would they go to the trouble of making things whack out if a
form item's immediate parent ISN'T a form, as long as its eventual
parent is???
Ok, deep breath.......sometimes you just have to let go.
 >:)<http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/16.gif>
back to work