Thank you for helping.

What I meant was that when I click the image nothing happens.

Also, I was not clear with the local vs remote - my swf file can be
embedded much like youtube, vimeo etc...

When the swf file is generated from the code below and still on my
laptop clicking the image takes me to the desired URL.

But then pretend I work at Youtube, and when I export the swf to a
youtube server and someone else embeds the swf file on a page on
xyzdomain.com, clicking the image does not work.

I tried switching this to a button to make sure it was not an image
thing, I got the same result.

The results I describe were on Firefox and Safari on a mac, I have to
install windows on a virtual machine to test that.