From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Gustavo Duenas LRS
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 1:24 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: sizing dinamically the screen

thanks Amy, but it seems when I try to tell the document in Js about the
new size, that

it is not doing the resize, Example is trying to do the sizing in the
document for vista and

others like

document.width = screen.availWidth;

document.height= screen.availHeight;

those arguments work in theory but it seems they are not working in
Vista or XP...

I don't  what else to do, actually I have an odd error in the
application:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null
object reference.

            at lrsAd/resizerFlash()

            at lrsAd/___Application1_creationComplete()

            at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

            at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

            at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()

            at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()

            at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()

            at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply(
<http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply(> )

            at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()

            at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()

this is the flash windows that appears now in my browser.

//code for the application:

creationComplete="resizerFlash()"

here is the code in the flex:

         //importamos los datos para el external interface//

         import flash.external.ExternalInterface;

         //funcion para usar la external interface//

         public function resizerFlash():void{

var h:int;

var w:int

if (ExternalInterface.available){

h= ExternalInterface.call( "movieHeight");

root.stage.height = h;

w=ExternalInterface.call( "movieWidth");

root.stage.width = w;

trace(h);

trace(w);

what that means, I'm afraid my understanding is not that good.

Gustavo