So I've been working with Alchemy for a while now, and I hear of the
size optimization issues with using it.
What is the reasoning behind optimizing a SWF size when building an AIR
application?  I don't do anything to shrink the size of the output swf
(or even try) since it is running on it's own on the user's system (vs.
the browser over the internet).  I know it'd be better to optimize and
get the file size down as small as possible but, what difference does
it really make?  I totally see why you'd optimize a web based Flex app -
 that's obvious to me - but I don't really know what difference it
would bring to cut out 200-300kb from an AIR application.
Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
-Nathan