I've read about and seen the presentation on Flex 4 Gumbo components but I'm
still unclear on how it works. Note: These questions pertain to Flex
Builder.

1. If I add a Gumbo component to the stage (design view) am I able to set
styles on it? Do these styles affect vector FXG graphics that already exist
in the skin file or are they drawn with the graphics object like in the halo
set, graphics.drawRectangle() etc?

2. Will Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks and Flash (henceforth known as
PIFF) export a FXG button skin that we can drop into Flex and have it work
or does it export FXG markup and we then connect the data?

3. Can we import a Gumbo skin into PIFF and then style or change the
graphics in the design tool and then export that back out, sans whatever
Flash Catalyst?

4. What would be a better acronym than PIFF (photoshop, illustrator,
fireworks and flash), sounds like a graphic format :P? Any other compatible
graphic tools I'm missing?

5. A few members of the Photoshop community have talked about support for
the Flash renderer in PIF (flash already has the FP renderer). This renderer
would mix with the current design tool's renderer to provide a live
design-time rendering of the Flex components and a separate property
inspector to set styles of the components. Of course, you would also be able
to work with the graphic elements as well. This would also pave the way to
allow the design tools use any of the Flex containers to aide the designer
in the layout of the design (using hbox, vbox, etc). Is there any interest
in this?