Hi-

I've been able to implement a custom Text Color Item Renderer for a
datagrid based off of this post Custom item renderer
<http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/2007/03/thinking_about_item_renderers_1.h\
tml>  .  I've added 2 classes, a ComputedStylesColumn and
ComputedStylesRenderer and I can successfully implement this in the mxml
file, but I was hoping to build my datagrids dynamically with
actionscript.

the mxml that works:
<mx:DataGrid id="dg1" initialize="dg1.dataProvider = dp" paddingTop="0"
paddingBottom="0" verticalAlign="middle" >
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name" dataField="name" width="140"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Symbol" dataField="symbol" width="60" />
<local:ComputedStylesColumn headerText="Price" dataField="price"
              stylesFunction="computeStyles"
itemRenderer="ComputedStylesRenderer" />
</mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

I've been able to reconstruct most things in actionscript except for the
itemRenderer="ComputedStylesRenderer".

when I try this:
var custColumn1:ComputedStylesColumn = new ComputedStylesColumn();
custColumn1.dataField = "price";
custColumn1.headerText = "Price";
custColumn1.width = 75;
custColumn1.stylesFunction = computeStyles;

Everything works except:

custColumn1.itemRenderer = ComputedStylesRenderer();
"Implicit coercion of a value of type ComputedStylesRenderer to an
unrelated type mx.core:IFactory"