hmmm it works but isn't there a more offcial way to remove a style?
This how its done in the flex style explorer?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Manish Jethani
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/4/05, zipo13 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have a background image of an Application that I want to remove at
> > some point and get it back to the default backgroundColor.
> >
> > Since this is a style I tried:
> > this.setStyle("backgroundImage","");
> > this.setStyle("backgroundImage",null);
> >
> > but nothing happens.
>
> Here's a hack:
>
>   // hide the background image movie clip
>   this.border_mc._backgroundImage_mc._visible = false;
>
> Manish

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hp3igil/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123164990/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>