It seems like your data is OK. So I did a test application and I figured out
that the filter function is wrong. It should only do the test if the
checkbox is selected, otherwise it should always return true because in this
case you want display all items. So here is my working test app, I hope you
can use it to make your code work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; layout="vertical">

    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
            private var pizzaSelected:Boolean = false;

            private function pizzaFilter():void
            {
                pizzaSelected = pizza_ckb.selected;
                pizzaAr.refresh();
            }

            private function myFilterFunction(item:Object):Boolean
            {
                if (pizzaSelected)
                    return (item.pizza == pizzaSelected);
                else
                    return true;
            }
        ]]>
    </mx:Script>

    <mx:ArrayCollection id="pizzaAr" filterFunction="myFilterFunction">
        <mx:Object label='Pizza 1' pizza='true' />
        <mx:Object label='Not a pizza 1' pizza='false' />
        <mx:Object label='Pizza 2' pizza='true' />
        <mx:Object label='Pizza 3' pizza='true' />
        <mx:Object label='Not a pizza 2' pizza='false' />
    </mx:ArrayCollection>

    <mx:CheckBox id="pizza_ckb" change="pizzaFilter()" />
    <mx:List dataProvider="{pizzaAr}" labelField="label" />
</mx:Application>

Haykel Ben Jemia

Allmas
Web & RIA Development