Hi Laurent.
Thank you for a quick reply. I had this (second) timeout option in
mind and it's too static in the scope of my application. Then the
ping procedure might be an idea.
But what I have really in mind is a more dynamic asynchronous
procedure. One like when the web connection is broken for any reason.
I will have to delve more into this...

Thank you
George

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Laurent Cozic <pogopix...@...>
wrote:

> You could make the app ping the server every 5 minutes. Then if the
server doesn't receive the ping, assume that the user closed the
browser and log him out.