Thx Alex.

I thought about that , but I need it look and function like Google
Maps when you click a marker (like its part of the app). If I use the
popupmanager can I have the popup follow a sprite on the stage?

My sprites are on layer that you can drag around (similar to google
maps) so if the user drags the background sprite all sprites on its
displaylist will move and the popup/tooltip need to move with it.

My app is very cpu/memory intensive so what I am using as of right now
is a permanent custom canvas using the new FXG to draw a popup looking
box with a pointer (like google maps) then when I want to show it over
the node I call 'move' and move it into position.  I need to keep all
my 500+ Sprites lite (they just contain a bitmap). So in keeping it
lite I did one canvas in <Application> that I enable/disable/alpha0?1
when it needs to be displayed.  I am only allowing one popup in my app
to keep cpu/memory use low and I short on screen realestate.

Any help is appreciated!

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alex Harui <aha...@...> wrote:

> Just use PopUpManager and popup whatever you want.
>
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Developer
> Adobe Systems Inc.<http://www.adobe.com/>

On Behalf Of flexaustin