From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nirav Gosalia
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 1:46 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Browser Memory Consumption not coming down even after
remove child

I faced the problem in Flash Player 9 as well.

I think the issue is that the garbage collection of non referenced
entities is not happening due to which my browser memory footprint
goes on icreasing making the app very sluggish and eventually hang.

When I say 'hang' I mean popups stop opening, traversing among fields
in a form using the tab key does not work etc.

Also the fact that those non referenced objects get GC'd using the
Run Garbage Collector button in flex profiler shows that my code does
not have any other reference to those objects !

Can you suggest me the approach that I should follow as I dont know
What Next ?

:-(

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Don
Kerr" <fusionp...@...> wrote:

> See my earlier posting about Flash 10 memory issues and crashing
IE. There are many
> bugs reported related to this on Adobe's bug tracking.
>
> Does your app just hang, or in some cases does it crash IE?
>
> Did your app work better/ok using Flash 9? Mine did not have any
memory issues under
> Flash 9, but they do with Flash 10.
>
> It may or may not be your code. It may be a this known issue with
Flash 10. If it turns out

wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > We have developed large applications like CRM typically having
> > several tabs.
> >
> > We allow the user to travere a list of names in a tree and on his
> > choice we add tabs to the tab navigator. These tabs can be closed
by
> > the user using a close button on the tab.
> >
> > Issue: As the user opens new tabs the browser consumes more and
more
> > memory(> 250MB). When tabs are closed we explicitly use
removeChildAt
> > () method to remove them from the tab navigator. However browser
> > memory consumption does not decrease.
> >
> > In Flex profiler the closed tabs get garbage collected when I
click
> > on the 'Run Garbage Collector' button which proves that there are
no
> > references to the closed tabs and they are perfect candidates for
GC.