> Hm you also said something about a resize I completely blanked on
> that. Are you doing a manual resize of the component? (mouse involved?)

Nope. Just responding to screen resizes. The application is set up to
use ~100% of the browser width & height, and the components are
automatically resized when the user resizes the browser. I would like
to have the two panels also resize automatically so that they still
occupy the same amount of space relative to each other.

I haven't tried out your example yet.. I will give it a shot first
thing tomorrow.

Thanks!
Keith