As suggested before, do the binding in the result event of your webservice

<webservice result="combo.dataProvider=event.result">

Philippe Maegerman

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of terry_hrtn
Sent: jeudi 4 août 2005 18:25
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: How to assign a data provider to a combo box

yes and no -- won't work in my case. Action script calls web services
async.  I have a single web service that returns multiple values
depending on whats passed in, so having:

webservice.send();
comboBox.dataprovider=webservice.result

There is no data in webservice.result until webservice.send is
complete but combobox.dataprovider= is executed anyway leaving a
blank combo box.  I guess the only way around this would be to wire
up events...open to suggestions.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Manish Jethani