--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <timh...@...> wrote:

> Unless you specify the height of the accordion, it will grow; based on
> the size of the first child.
>
> <mx:Panel width="100%" height="25%">
>      <mx:Accordion id="optionsAccordion" width="100%" height="100%">
>          <vso:Form label="Accordion Entry 1" width="100%" />
>
> -TH

Still no luck-- even if I specify the height as above, the accordion
will expand beyond 25% if there is enough content in the child node.

I have found a found a potential work-around solution, however: If I
specify an absolute height for the first accordion child based off of
the application height, the accordion will use that height:

<mx:Panel width="100%" height="25%">
     <mx:Accordion id="optionsAccordion" width="100%">
          <vso:Form label="Accordion Entry 1" width="100%"
height="{this.height / 5}"/>

The only problem is that because the height is now absolute, it remains
the same even when resizing. The next thing to do will be to set an
event-handler that responds to the application being resized and
recompute the height for the accordion.