Hi Chandru,

This is actually pretty easy...one the swfLoader.source, simply add the traditional "?" and "&" tabs to the source with the values you want to pass...then in your called swf, you access the passed values via the document.parameters.valueName

i.e.

Main App:

var swf:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader();
swf.source = swfFile.swf?label=Login;

swfFile.swf:

button.label = document.parameters.label;

HTH,
Adrian

chandruflex wrote:

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to send a String value as a
parameter to a swf (created from Flash). If this is possible, can
anybody let me know how this can be done?

Example Usage: I want an animated button like thing in Flex. I would
be given an swf file created in Flash, which looks like an animated
button, but with no Label on it. I will load this animated swf into my
Flex application using SWFLoader component. Say, I want to pass in a
String value - "Login" to this swf, so that, I can use it as an
animated button with the label - "Login".

-Chandru