Greetings ladies and gentlemen of Flex,

My name is Jean.  I'm something of a Flex newby, though I've done a few small
Flex Apps successfully which are in deployment.  Right now I'm trying to do a
project involving the Google Maps API.

Currently I have the API working in Flex, I'm testing out the use of overlays
and markers and specifically, trying to rotate some arrow-shaped custom markers
I put on the map.

>From seeing this example

http://blog.sunild.com/2009/02/custom-google-map-markers-made-easy.html

...of a Flex app with custom markers that rotate, I understand this is possible
but I don't know how to do it.  I have played around with the Animateproperty
effect but I couldn't see any way to do it that way, so I tried using the
rotate effect based on an example I found here:

http://blog.flexexamples.com/2008/02/27/setting-effects-with-actionscript-in-flex/

So far without luck.  I can create code which compiles, and I attempted to
rotate the icon object, but it doesn't do anything.  My code is posted here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=585&threadid=1428709

I gather it could also be possible using the Degrafa controls but that is yet
another entire layer of complexity.

Can anyone help?   Is anyone here familiar with using the Google Maps API with
Flex?

D.