--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "flexrookie" <flexroo...@...> wrote:

> not an answer to my  question, but a follow up for new itemrenderer
> coders. i just changed my implementation of the renderer from a canvas
> to a UIComponent, following alex harui's performance recommendation.

Some suggestions:

1) Use a flag in set data so that you don't go through your logic in
commitProperties that's only relevant when data changes when
commitProperties is called for other reasons.
2) I don't think you can make a variable bindable by putting [Bindable]
AFTER the variable (unless you were intending to make your button
variable bindable on dataChange).
3) There's a lot of overhead in adding and removing children.  Consider
hiding and showing instead.