Those traces tell me it should be working, that the embedded app is ready
when the host app attempts to communicate with it.

Tracy

  _____

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Richard Rodseth
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 6:42 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Passing params (flashvars) to sub-applications

I just did a quick trace test, and the messages were written to the console
in the following order:

1) SWFLoader load complete (registers listener for app complete)
2) embedded application creation complete handler
3) embedded application app complete handler
4) host app handler for embedded app app complete

So presumably if one is setting parameters in 4) they can't be read in 3)...

Tracy, are you following the recipe here (2nd answer)?

http://stackoverflo
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/407858/passing-flashvars-style->
w.com/questions/407858/passing-flashvars-style-parameters-to-a-loaded-swf

Seems to me this could only work if the loaded app is not accessing the
parameters until some subsequent user gesture.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Richard Rodseth <rrods...@gmail.