Hi,

I am using FlexBuilder 3.0.2 and am getting a new error on new projects when
using the httpService feature.  Here is my httpService control, as copied from
an older project which still works:

<mx:HTTPService id="getmeta" method="POST"
      result="gotmeta()"  contentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
      url="https://www.someserver.edu/myfiles/flexfile.php"; useProxy="false"
      fault="show_fault(event.fault)">
      <mx:request xmlns="">
      <command>getmetainformation</command>
      <id>me</id>
      </mx:request>
</mx:HTTPService>

When I run the app locally, ctrl+f11 or clicking the run button in eclipse, I
get the following error:

[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url"
faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTP"]

If I copy the swf file up to the server, it does run correctly there.

That exact same httpService control works fine in a project I finished last
fall when run locally.

The weird thing is that older projects, ones I did as little as a month ago,
run just fine when run locally.  It's only the new one I started this week.

I tried adding <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/> to my
crossdomain.xml file, but no go.  I am using Flash version 10,0,22,87 within
Firefox 3.05 on windows Vista, fully patched.

The only thing that I can think that would have changed from a few months ago
is that I have a newer version of Flash.

Any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Bob