I posted a related question here a few days back ("ColumnCharts - problem
adding a LineSeries to ColumnChart w/o SecondSeries"), but this question is a
bit more general.

In order get past this bug - https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXDMV-1957,
I'm likely going to need to use the deprecated SecondSeries tag. My question is
how safe is using this, or any of the other deprecated tags, methods, etc.  I
read what I could find in the docs, but what I saw seemed more focused on
layout style differences.

Is there an expectation that support could be dropped in future versions, or
are these warnings simply there to point us to the newer, improved-upon
replacements.

Thanks,
Eddie B.