You could always try out some of the new pixel bender effects.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/pixelbender/

they have a invert filter that you can use without having to create your
own one, plus others can be found here
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=productHome&exc=26

video tuts can be seen here

http://tv.adobe.com/#se+pixel%20bender