From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com on behalf of valdhor
Sent: Tue 3/24/2009 9:05 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: which one is better to use?

I have found that using an arrayCollection of typed objects is much faster for
me. I don't have the overhead of the XML parser. It tends to depend on the
amount of data being returned. In some of my cases I am returning 5,000+ rows
of data. With typed objects this is around 175KB over the pipe. With XML it was
over 5MB.

HTH.

Steve

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ,
Vikram Singh <vikisingh...@...> wrote:

> hello friends...
> i am passing data request to php using RemoteObject from flex.
> and php send back processed data to Flex.
> which one is better in performance for flex application operation??
> 1. ArrayCollection
> OR
> 2. XML
> which one is easy and fast accesable??
> all the data are storing in ArrayCollection and used it to displaying in flex
> components.
> I feel that Array object is little bit slow.
> Please suggest me the right option.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to
> http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/ <http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/>

believed to be clean.

<<winmail.dat>>