I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but I would create two different
events for those functions if events are truly needed.

Also, I would recommend extending the Validator class for your spellcheck (I
think I've seen a spellcheck class out there somewhere).

Depending on what you are trying to do, it may be overkill to use events to
process the information.  In my code, I write components/classes around a site
function or table in a DB.  If it's a table in the DB I have a remote object in
that class that deals with the different functions like add, modify, and
delete.  I then assign a button to calling an actionscript function to process
the DB call using the remoteobject.  The only time I use events is when I need
to talk to another class (and it has to be a parent or further up the chain.
Event bubbling does not go to parallel classes.

eg.

<mx:Script>
  [!Cdata....

    private function getData( intUserID: number):void
    {
          sameasremotequery( intUSerID );
        ... process data
    }

    private function saveData( intUserID: number):void
    {
        ... call remote object here
    }

</mx:Script>

<Remoteobject ,,,>
  <method id="sameasremotequery" ....>
</Remoteobject>

<mx:Button id="button" name="getdata" click="getData()"/>

There are exceptions to my rule, but for the most part I try to use events
where they are needed.

 Scott