From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Paul Kukiel
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:47 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Weborb

I'm not sure why you need WebOrb for Cf -> Flex communication. CF
talk to Flex via AMF over remoteObejct calls out of the box. It can
also push data to Flex by leveraging the inbuild LCDS bits. I'm told
WebOrb for CF has some nice code generation but I am yet to look into
it as CF and Flex just seam to work weel together for me.

Paul.
http://flexcf.com <http://flexcf.com>

<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , "Scott" <h...@...> wrote:

>> I briefly looked at Weborb last fall but decided against doing
anything
>> with it since it was fairly expensive. I do remoteobject on a
>> coldfusion backend. With Flex builder I get some code generation if I
>> so desire (and the code doesn't look too bad either) and I understand
>> that is in Weborb as well.
>>

>> The sales person I talked to didn't seem really that technical. Can
>> someone tell me the real benefits in using weborb if there are any?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Scott

believed to be clean.