From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Fotis Chatzinikos
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 23:37
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Adding symbols to Flex Panel skin?

I do not know if the following is any help in your situation but a simple
solution would be to have a canvas
behind the Panel and position a tabbar on top of the panel's header...It
might be a bit heavy thought

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Sascha <sbal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi list,

I need to write a Flex Panel so that it features several tabs on the left
side of the panel. I remember darkly that I need to add sumbols to the
components chrome for this to work but resources on the web seem to be very
scarce (there's moslty only stuff describing how to add something to the
panel's titlebar but that's not what I need). Could somebody give me a
helping hand on this?

I've created four symbols in Flash that extend UIMovieClip and these symbols
need to stick out of the left side of my Panel so they can be used as some
sort of tabs. Problem is I have no clue how to add features to the panels
'skin' (chrome) anymore.

Sascha

--
Fotis Chatzinikos, Ph.D.