Thanks for your response

There is no datatype of the data provider, it's just a tree of generic objects
of type TreeItem. Following is the signature of the TreeItem class:

import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
import mx.collections.IViewCursor;

public class TreeItem {

[Bindable]public var  id          : String;
[Bindable]public var  label       : String;
[Bindable]public var  type        : String;
[Bindable]public var  children    : ArrayCollection = null;
[Bindable]public var  description : String;

}

The "children" attribute will contain the leaf nodes of the tree and the nodes
are also of type TreeItem.

Also, I don't hahve any gett or set methods for the member attributes because
the attributes are themselves declared as "public" .

Thanks !