I am getting this error during deserialization:

RangeError: Error #2006: The supplied index is out of bounds. The error occurs
in AbstractMessage.as when it attempts to read input of timestamp.

After that my fault handler gets this error:

faultCode:Server.Acknowledge.Failed faultString:'Didn't receive an acknowledge
message' faultDetail:'Was expecting mx.messaging.messages.AcknowledgeMessage,
but received null'

It appears to be happening as a result of an ArrayCollection coming back from
the server.

Is it necessary to create custom classes to handle serialization of
ArrayCollections with custom objects as shown here
(http://iamjosh.wordpress.com/2007/12/12/serialization-of-custom-collections-for-flex-data-services/)
 ?

I've also followed the serialization recommendations
here(http://www.brooksandrus.com/blog/2008/03/25/flex-air-serialization-lessons-learned/)
 with no luck.

Can you have non-empty constructors on the java side?

Thanks for your help!